Then in the entry way I had an article from Entertainment Weekly on a “how-to” binge watch Friends, a NYC taxi cab that corresponded to The One with Phoebe’s Father in Season 2, a wall of famous quotes from the cast, and of course the signature yellow frame that sat around the peep hole!
In my dressing area I had dice, coins, and a deck of cars that referenced The One in Vegas- Season 5 and I replaced a personal photo with a cast photo.
In the bathroom I had “fancy” soap that Monica told Richard’s Son he could use at Thanksgiving in Season 3 and a toy Porsche for The One with Joey’s Porsche in Season 6.
In my living/bedroom area I did many things. On my nightstand I bought candy conversation hearts and made hearts that said “Chan & Jan 4 Ever” as shown in The One with The Candy Hearts- Season 1.
My bookcase held The One with The Apothecary Table- Season 6, The One with The Ball – Season 5, The One with The Sharks – Season 9, and The One at The Beach- Season 3. I also added more photos of the cast into frames I already had.
On my coffee table/ottoman I had a bowl of Dove Dark Chocolate for The One with All The Candy – Season 7 and 61 Things You Didn’t Know About Friends that I found on Buzz Feed.
On the shelving above my TV I had a stuffed monkey for The One With The Monkey- Season 1, a chick and a duck for The One With a Chick and a Duck – Season 3, a Rooster and a index card with a lighting rod referencing the trivia game that cost the girls their apartment in The One with The Embryos in Season 4. By the way, The One with The Embryos is probably my favorite episode!
I asked my guests to choose 10 of the of their favorite episodes prior to the date of the event. I created a episode guide with our favorites and posted it next to the TV to make for easy for searching Netflix. I thought we would have had a lot of the same favorites but that wasn’t the case. We were able to get through 13 out of the 25 episodes we had chosen. I guess that just means we will have to have another night. 🙂
Now you can’t have a party without favors. I bought each person some fuzzy socks, put in a pack of the conversation hearts, face mask corresponding to when the guys used a face mask on their t-zone in The One with The Cheap Wedding Dress in Season 7, and lottery tickets for The One with The Lotto in Season 9.
In the kitchen I set up “Central Perk” and a buffet for dinner an dessert. I wrote Central Perk on a chalkboard and set up a coffee station with to-go coffee cups with the Central Perk logo. I found the Eight O’Clock coffee that was used in the Pop-Up shop in NYC, and had my friend bring her coffee maker.
On the buffet I chose a purple table cloth that went with the wall color in Monica’s apartment. I brought out my DVD’s and used them as tiers for candles that referenced The One with The Blackout in Season 1. I had my friend Julie bring hummus and veggies that went with when Phoebe got the hummus in the episode The One Where No One Was Ready – Season 3. For dinner I made zucchini lasagna (The One with All The Lasagnas – Season 1) and Paleo Caesar Salad (recipe can be found in my archives.)
For dessert I made Vegan Mini Cheesecakes for The One with All of The Cheesecakes – Season 7 and Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies for The One With Phoebe’s Cookies also Season 7.
(Recipe for vegan cheesecakes can be found at http://minimalistbaker.com/7-ingredient-vegan-cheesecakes/#more-7424
and the chocolate chip cookie recipe can be found in my archives.)
For breakfast, I went to a great bakery here in Rochester and bought some croissants (plain and chocolate) and some organic jam for The One with The Jam- Season 3. Then bought almond milk yogurt, frozen berries, and Lara Bar Granola so they could make their own breakfast parfaits/trifles. (The One where Ross Got High- Season 6)
In between episodes and during breakfast we played a trivia game. I came up with 4 trivia questions for each season. I took blue poster board and made season and point bubbles. I cut index cards in half and and wrote the question on the back and printed the friends logo on labels for the front of them. This was a great way to break up the party. The questions and answers I created will be posted at the end of this blog, just in case you want to test your own Friends knowledge,
We also did a “How You Doin” Dubsmash performance and we created a dance to the theme song. I will spare you and not post those. LOL So, I think the party was an overall success. It was great to just sit back and relax with my girlfriends. The last few weeks have been so busy for us so we all deserved this night.
- How many claps are in the theme song?
- Why does Chandler hat Thanksgiving?
- His dad announced he was gay and was leaving
- How did Ross and Rachel figure out where the monkey was?
- They were on the street when they say a man delivering a box of bananas
- Whose pizza did Monica, Rachel and Phoebe get by mistake?
- George Stephanopoulos
- How did they kill off Joey’s character on Days of Our Lives
- He fell down an elevator shaft
- In the prom video, what did Ross offer to do?
- Take Rachel to prom when her date didn’t show up
- What did Ross buy for Joey before he moved back in with Chandler?
- The big white dog
- What did Monica and Rachel dress Ben in to cover up the bump on his head?
- Rain day Bear. Raincoat and Hat
- What did they make the giant poking device out of?
- Rachel asks Ross what his fantasy is. Name that Fantasy…
- Princess Leia in the gold bikini
- What bed was delivered to Monica by mistake?
- Race Car bed
- In season 3 we learn the hand gesture Ross made-up to give the finger without having to give it.
- Fists together
- Who peed on Monica when she got stung by the jellyfish?
- What happened to the engagement ring for Emily?
- The duck ate it
- In the lighting round, what question did Monica and Rachel get wrong that cost them the apt?
- What is Chandler Bing’s job
- What does Joey help Mr. Treager with to save Monica & Rachel’s apartment?
- Ballroom dancing
- Monica and Chandler wanted to kiss at midnight on New Years Eve. Joey helped make that happen. Who did Ross kiss? Who did Joey kiss?
- Ross & Phoebe
- Joey & Rachel
- What were the names of Phoebe’s triplets
- Chandler, Frank Jr Jr, Leslie
- What is the special ingredient Monica puts in Ross’s Thanksgiving sandwich? And what is it called?
- Gravy soaked bread
- Moist Maker
- Why does Phoebe hate PBS?
- She wrote Sesame Street after her mom died and they never wrote back.
- What happens to Joey after he loses his insurance?
- Who performed their dance routine they created when they were younger on Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin Eve?
- Monica and Ross
- Where did Rachel tell Phoebe she bought the Apothecary table from? Where did she actually get it from?
- Flea Market
- Pottery Barn
- Ross dates a former student, Elizabeth and Rachel ends up dating her father. What celebrity played her father?
- Bruce Willis
- Who was caught taking a nap together?
- Joey & Ross
- Who stole Monica’s thunder? How?
- Rachel by making out Ross in the hallway
- In the truth about London, Phoebe spills the beans that Monica really wanted to sleep with someone else instead of Chandler. Who was that person?
- What does Ross dress up as to teach Ben about Hanukkah?
- The Holiday Armadillo
- Who did Rachel share a hospital room with?
- What is in Monica’s secret closet?
- A mess- junk
- What was the rumor Ross and Will started in High School about Rachel?
- She was half and half
- In the episode “The One with Monica’s Boots”, Phoebe wanted to meet a famous singer. Who was that singer?
- What animal does Monica think turns Chandler on?
- Who actor played Rachel and Ross’s male nanny?
- Freddie Prince Jr
- Why did they go to Barbados?
- Ross’s Paleontology Conference
- Why did Phoebe and Mike break up?
- He didn’t want to get married
- Where was Phoebe’s wedding held?
- Out on the street in the snow
- What happens when Rachel’s sister babysits Emma?
- She pierces her ears
- What news do Monica and Chandler get during the late thanksgiving?
- They were chosen to adopt a child
- What did Phoebe change her name to? And Mike?
- Princess Consuela Banana Hammock
- Crap Bag